For Immediate Release.
Contact: Jeff Trammel, 314-727-0800,
Race Eclipses St. Louis 10k Finisher Record set in 1989
ST.LOUIS (MO) – October 18, 2010. The second annual GO! St. Louis Halloween 10K, on Sunday, October 17 eclipsed a St. Louis’ record for the most finishers in a 10k. The race sold out at 5,000 registrants this year, while just over 3,900 completed the race. The original record was set in 1989 with 3,300 finishers.
Mathew Chesang, 29, from Meriam, KS was the first male finisher, posting a 30:29, while another Kansas City area resident - Melissa Todd was the first female to cross the line at 35:30. St. Louis resident Adam MacDowell, who runs for Big River Running placed second and was followed by teammate Dan Strackeljahn in third. Last year’s first place female, Julie Lossos finished second, while Margaret Lyons, competing in her first 10k race, crossed the line in third place. The GO! St. Louis Halloween 10K is one of a variety of races GO! St. Louis presents on a year-round basis. The 11th annual GO! St. Louis Marathon & Family Fitness Weekend, set for April 9 & 10, 2011, attracted more than 23,000 participants in 2010.
1) Mathew Chesang (Meriam, KS) 30:29
2) Adam MacDowell (St. Louis, MO) 30:45
3) Dan Strackeljahn (Glen Carbon, IL) 31:51
4) Carter Snow (St. Louis, MO) 32:31
5) John Sell (St. Louis, MO) 32:45
1) Melissa Todd (Kansas City, MO) 35:20
2) Julie Lossos (St. Louis, MO) 35:57
3) Margaret Lyons (St. Louis, MO) 36:15
4) Katie Hauser (Columbia, MO) 37:20
5) Jessica Koster (St. Louis, MO) 37:34
For overall results, visit gostlouis.org